Online Othello games rating
Here is a list of calculated Elo rating for online Othello games where you can play against the computer. There are downloadable Othello programs with greater playing power than these, but here the focus is exclusively on online Othello games.
The Elo rating is calculated by allowing the Othello games to play against each other. A starting value of 1000 and a constant K value of 32 have been used.
Where the game is implemented with different levels of playing power, most often only the highest level is included.
The list includes online Othello games I have found by searching for "online othello" and "online reversi". Several of them appears to be made by AI researchers and authors. If you know of any online Othello games that should be on this list, please let me know.
All these games are based on specialized algorithms. I have yet to find any online Othello game that is based on neural networks and machine learning.
Here you can download the entire data base for these calculations.
- Is part of hidden "easter eggs" in the online store enil.no. One finds the games by using the Konami code or by pressing and holding for more than 5 seconds on the first letter of the logo at the top of the website. You can also access the game directly here. The game is only available in Norwegian.
- Has no variability, so the game engine will always respond with the same move in a given position.
- Has bugs that sometimes causes it to crash.
- Only allows you to play black.
- Only allows you to play white.
- Makes use of WebAssemby.
- Running in an emulator.
- Uses Reversi rules.
- The game engine runs on the server.